Bologna pendant lamp, Aloys Gangkofner, Peill + Putzler
Bologna pendant lamp, designed by Aloys F. Gangkofner for Peill + Putzler. Gangkofner designed this lamp as part of a lamp series between 1953 and 1958. Gangkofner's approach was to create lamps, which - even unlit - were emphatic formal objects for the "modern" room.
Aloys Ferdinand Gangkofner (1920 - 2003) is one of the most important German post war glass designers. For many years, he was head of the glas department of the Munich Academy of Arts. At the same time, he designed glass objects for some of the best known companies, like Erco and Peill und Putzler.